Saturday, April 13, 2013

iPad Created Examples using Explain Everything App

For my flipped classes, I have my students watch my video notes for Algebra 2 and Honors Algebra 2 classes at home.  The students are use to going through the motions of checking their homework if they understand the material but how do I know for sure they understand the process in getting to their answers.  In class, the students have the routine of checking off the homework if they got them correct and hope that they are understanding their mistakes.  Then they will start homework in class on their own in their desks writing in their notes.  Some of my students like to write on the whiteboards and see what they are doing and are able to correct their mistakes much easier.

I want all of my students to be able to explain the process in solving their example.  I have requested that all of my students will have the app Explain Everything because it can import pdf's of my examples and they can work through them and write on their screen.  I will challenge my students to write and explain their work to imitate me.  I hope the students will see it as a fun way to review the material and gain a better understanding of the material.  I truly believe that if you can explain an example, then they will grasp the concepts better.  After they record their example, they can upload their video explanation to a common Dropbox account so that other students are able to see their classmates work and hopefully find another person's explanation of a concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment